Main Article Content
Objective: Sudden hearing loss (SHl); Define as, at least 30 dB sensorineural hearing loss in 3 consecutive frequencies. In general, idiopathic, viral and vascular causes are at the forefront. Local or systemic hypersensitivity reactions due to insect bites such as bee sting may occur. Sudden hearing loss is a more unknown finding in the literature due to bee sting. The first choice in treatment is systemic or local corticosteroid uses.
Case: In this case report, the patient who had bilateral sudden hearing loss following bee sting and treatment approaches have been presented.
2. Schuknecht HF, Donovan ED. The pathology of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss. Archives of oto-rhino-laryngology. 1986 Mar 1;243(1):1-5.
3. Ruckenstein MJ. Autoimmune inner ear disease. Current opinion in otolaryngology & head and neck surgery. 2004 Oct 1;12(5):426-30.
4. Stachler RJ, Chandrasekhar SS, Archer SM, Rosenfeld RM, Schwartz SR, Barrs DM, Brown SR, Fife TD, Ford P, Ganiats TG, Hollingsworth DB. Clinical practice guideline: sudden hearing loss. Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery. 2012 Mar;146(3_suppl):S1-35.
5. Nosrati-Zarenoe R, Hultcrantz E. Corticosteroid treatment of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss: randomized triple-blind placebo-controlled trial. Otology & Neurotology. 2012 Jun 1;33(4):523-31.
6. Gezer D, Şenel E, Süslü İ. Arı sokmalarına karşı oluşan reaksiyonlar. Genel Tip Dergisi. 2012 Sep 1;22(3).
7. Düzenli U, Bozan N, Ayral A, Yalınkılıç A, Kıroğlu AF. A honey bee can threat ear: Sudden sensorineural hearing loss. The American journal of emergency medicine. 2017 Nov 1;35(11):1788-e1.