Main Article Content
Objective: Chronic lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) is the most common form of leukemia in adults. Clinical findings may broad range vary. Detecting some deletions using the FISH method may help us to foresee the progression of the disease and to choose a better treatment method in healing the patient.
Case: In this case report, we will present you a CLL patient with t(7;14), t(14;19) and 17p deletions, which are known for bad prognosis, developing autoimmune hemolytic anemia which is refractor to the treatment. This patient unfortunately died due to a clinical form of hemophagocytic syndrome including prolymphocytic transformation.
2. Deeks ED. Ibrutinib: a review in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Drugs . 2017; 77:225–236.
3. Visco C, Barcellini W, Maura F, Neri A, Cortelezzi A, and Rodeghiero F. Autoimmune cytopenias in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Am. J. Hematol. 2014; 89:1055–1062.
4. Michaux L, Dierlamm J, Wlodarska I, Bours V, Berghe H, and Hagemeijer A. t(14;19)/BCL3 rearrangements in lymphoproliferative disorders: a review of 23 cases cancer genet cytogenet 1997; 94:36-43.
5. Shin SY, Park CJ , Lee KH, Huh J ,Chi HS, Seo EJ. An illustrative case of t(14;19)/BCL3 rearrangement as a karyotypic evolution of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Ann Hematol 2013; 92:1717–1719.
6. Chapiro E, Radford-Weiss I, Bastard C, Luquet I, Lefebvre C, Callet-Bauchu E et al. The most frequent t(14;19)(q32;q13)-positive B-cell malignancy corresponds to an aggressive subgroup of atypical chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leukemia 2008; 22, 2123–2127.
7. Huh YO, Schweighofer CD, Ketterling RP, Knudson RA, Vega F, Kim JE et al. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia with t(14;19)(q32;q13) Is characterized by atypical morphologic and immunophenotypic features and distinctive genetic features. Am J Clin Pathol 2011;135:686-69.
8. Sugimoto KJ , Shimada A , Wakabayashi M , Sekiguchi Y , Izumi H , Ota Y et al. T-cell lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma with t(7;14)(p15;q32) [TCRγ-TCL1A translocation]: a case report and a review of the literature. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2014;7(5):2615-2623.
9. Thompson PA, O’Brien SM, Wierda WG, Ferrajoli A, Stingo F, Smith SC et al. Complex karyotype is a stronger predictor than del(17p) for an inferior outcome in relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients treated with ibrutinib-based regimens. Cancer 2015;121:3612-21.
10. Kilari D, Venci N , Friedberg J , Bennett JM. Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis masquerading as progressive chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leukemia Research Reports 2013;2: 4–6.