Main Article Content
Objective: To evaluate the basophil lymphocyte ratio (BLR) and eosinophil lymphocyte ratio (ELR) values in FMS that previously reported being used as an indicator of inflammation in autoimmune rheumatic diseases and smokers.
Material and Methods: We retrospectively analyzed 4500 FM patients who were registered in the network system with the M79-ICD code and 2000 healthy controls. A total of 216 FM patients and 194 healthy controls were included in the study.
Results: The blood BLR levels were significantly higher in FM patients than in healthy controls. (p< 0,02)The two groups did not show significant differences in terms of the other parameters (p> 0.05).
Conclusion: In the present study, neutrophil lymphocyte ratio (NLR), monocyte lymphocyte ratio (MLR), platelet lymphocyte ratio (PLR), ELR, platelet distribution width (PDW) are independent markers for early diagnosis and for the inflammatory predictive process. BLO levels were low revealed. To use these rates as disease markers should be supported by large-scale studies.
2. Clauw DJ, D’Arcy Y, Gebke K, Semel D, Pauer L, Jones KD. Normalizing fibromyalgia as a chronic illness. Postgrad Med 2018; 130: 9-18.
3. Cabo-Meseguer A, Cerdá-Olmedo G, Trillo-Mata JL. Fibromyalgia: Prevalence, epidemiologic profiles and economic costs. Med Clin 2017;149:441–8.
4. Rodriguez-Pinto I, Agmon-Levin N, Howard A, Shoenfeld Y. Fibromyalgia and cytokines. Immunol Lett. 2014;161(2):200–203.
5. Aktürk S, Büyükavcı R. Evaluation of BLRod neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio and platelet distribution width as inflammatory markers in patients with fibromyalgia. Clin Rheumatol. 2017;36(8):1885-1889.
6. Karataş G, Gündüz R. The Significance of inflammation markers in complete blood count in patients with fibromyalgia. Med Sci Discov. 2020 ;7(1):364-7.
7. Zhang Y, Yin Y, Kuai S, Shan Z, Pei H, Wang J. Combination of neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio and platelet to lymphocyte ratio as diagnostic biomarker for rheumatoid arthritis. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2016; 9: 22076‐ 22081.
8. Çekici Y, Yılmaz M, Seçen O. New inflammatory indicators: association of high eosinophil to-lymphocyte ratio and low lymphocyte-to-monocyte ratio with smoking. Journal of International Medical Research, 4292–4303.
9. Uslu AU, Kucuk A, Sahin A, Ugan Y, Yılmaz R, Güngör T et al. Two new inflammatory markers associated with disease activity score‐28 in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: Neutrophil‐lymphocyte ratio and platelet‐lymphocyte ratio. Int J Rheum Dis 2015; 18( 7): 731– 735.
10. Tasoglu O, Boluk H, Onat SS, Tasoglu I, Ozgirgin N. Is blood neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio an independent predictor of knee osteoarthritis severity?Clin Rheumatol 2016;35 (6):1579-1583.
11. Fest J, Ruiter R, Ikram MA, Voortman T, Van Eijck CHJ, Stricker BH. Reference values for white blood-cell-based inflammatory markers in the Rotterdam Study: a population-based prospective cohort study.Sci Rep 2018; 8:10566.
12. Mora JC, Przkora R, Cruz-Almeida Y. Knee osteoarthritis: pathophysiology and current treatment modalities. J Pain Res. 2018;11:2189–96.
13. İlgün E, Akyürek Ö, Kalkan AO, Demir F, Demirayak M, Bilgi M. Neutrophil/Lymphocyte Ratio and Platelet/Lymphocyte Ratio in Fibromyalgia. Eur J Gen Med. 2016;13(2):100-4.
14. Tak AZA, Şengül Y. Evaluation of Inflammation with Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte Ratio and Platelet-to-lymphocyte Ratio in Restless Legs Syndrome. Turk J Neurol. 2018; 24(3): 259-263.
15. Qin B, Ma N, Tang Q, Wei T, Yang M, Fu H, et al. Neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio (NLR) and platelet to lymphocyte ratio (PLR) were useful markers in assessment of inflammatory response and disease activity in SLE patients. Mod Rheumatol.2016; 26(3), 372–6 .
16. Feng F, Tian Y, Liu S, Zheng G, Liu Z, Xu G, et al. Combination of PLR, MLR, MWR, and tumor size could significantly increase the prognostic value for gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Medicine 2016;95:3248.
17. Li J, Jiang R, Liu WS, Liu Q, Xu M, Feng QS, et al. A large cohort study reveals the association of elevated peripheral BLRod lymphocyte-to-monocyte ratio with favorable prognosis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. PLoS ONE 2013;8:83069.
18. El-Hazmi MA, Warsy AS. Normal reference values for hematological parameters, red cell indices, HB A2 and HB F from early childhood through adolescence in Saudis. Ann Saudi Med 2001;21:165-169.